Letters


Dear Parrots magazine,

Lethal ceiling fan

A friend phoned me in a very distressed state. “Please warn other people!”, he said. His conure had been sitting on his shoulder for an hour. He got up to let the cat in. It was very hot and he turned on the ceiling fan, momentarily forgetting the conure was in the room. Seconds later it flew into the fan and was killed instantly.

He was full of remorse but the lesson is obvious - only covered fans should be used in a house where birds are free.

Rosemary Low - Notts

 


BACK TO LETTERS PAGE

Parrots magazine is published by Imax Visual Ltd,
West Building, Elm Grove Lane, Steyning BN44 3SA

Telephone +44 (0)1273 464777
© Parrots magazine 2019